SPORT ACCIDENT INSURANCE POLICY
The Sport Accident Insurance Policy is group coverage that can be purchased for a specific Sport & Social Club team. This policy pays for select medical costs on behalf of Sport & Social Club members injured while playing a regular league or playoff game. This coverage is SECONDARY to any other health care plan that a player has available.
For full information on this package and to find out if your team qualifies for the purchase of the Sport Accident Insurance Policy, please review this fact sheet.
$50 per team, per season: Ice Hockey, Ultimate
$40 per team, per season: ASOS, Basketball, Dodgeball, Floor Hockey, Football, Kickball, Soccer, Softball
$30 per team, per season: All other sports
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Does my team qualify for the Sports Accident Insurance package?
- All Sport & Social Club teams that are registered by a team captain are eligible to purchase the Sport Accident Insurance policy. At this time, individual teams are not eligible.
How do I purchase the insurance policy for my team?
- Once you have registered (and named) your team, a link to purchase the Sport Accident Insurance policy will be visible on your team page. By following this link, it will create a shopping cart for the policy for your team.
Who is covered under this policy?
- Policies cover all players listed on the team roster of a specific team. ONLY players listed on the team roster are covered under that team's policy.
- A player is NOT eligible to make a claim if they are not listed on the team roster at the time of injury (players cannot be added retroactively).
- Policies are team specific. If a member plays on multiple teams, they would require multiple policies to be fully covered.
How do I submit a claim and what is required?
- In order to submit a claim under your team's Sport Accident Insurance Policy, a formal injury report must be submitted. Injury reports can be submitted through your team schedule page and must be attached to a specific game and include as much detail and information as possible.
- Claims WILL NOT be accepted without a formal injury report.
Once our team has purchased the insurance policy, can we get a refund?
- Refunds can be requested prior to the start of the season in which the policy is purchased. Refunds may not be requested after the start of the season.
Do I have to use a specific medical provider?
- No, members covered by the policy are free to use their choice of medical provider.
Looking for further clarification or more information? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Trusted Health Partner:
As our official health partner, Cleveland Clinic Canada takes care of Sport & Social Members to keep them in the game. This downtown facility (181 Bay Street) provides same day appointments / public care with your Health Card.
Call the dedicated Sport & Social hotline at 1-866-432-0851.