You are using: unknown v0 on unknown. Here is a quick list of suggested browsers we like to use around the office:
In consideration of the use of the property, facilities, equipment and/or services of TORONTO SPORT AND SOCIAL CLUB (the "TSSC") or any associated or affiliated individuals, corporations, or organizations, the undersigned agrees as follows:
1. AGE OF MAJORITY I am at least 19 years old.
2. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK FACTORS: I am aware and acknowledge that participating in indoor and/or outdoor social and sporting activities offered by or associated with the TSSC and using any equipment or services provided by the TSSC including, but not limited to, sports such as dodgeball, Pilates, ultimate frisbee, softball, flag football, touch football, basketball, soccer, volleyball, ball hockey, ice hockey, European handball, curling, tennis, multi-sport programs (All Sorts of Sports), running groups, yoga, Tae-Bo, self-defense courses, rugby basketball, kickball, fitness classes, dance classes, spinning classes, water polo, golf lessons, rock climbing, social events, Australian rules football, Gaelic football, SCUBA clinics, skydiving, scavenger hunts, rowing, kayaking, canoeing, white water rafting, sailing, paintball, mixed-martial arts, social events, community theatre, Urban Adventure events, and Amazing Race/Urban Quest events and all of their associated activities, Corporate Events and all of their associated activities, exposes me to many inherent risks, dangers and hazards such as the RISK OF PROPERTY DAMAGE, BODILY INJURY, AND POSSIBLE DEATH.
3. ASSUMPTION OF RISK: By engaging in any activities offered by or associated with the TSSC, I freely accept and fully assume all inherent risks, dangers and hazards and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting not only from the activity itself but which might result from the use of equipment or facilities, from the acts of others, or from the unavailability of emergency medical care.
4. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF APPLICABLE TSSC POLICY: I am aware of and acknowledge reading and knowing all of the policies and procedures relating to the TSSC activities, facilities, and/or equipment as located at http://www.torontossc.com/rules/ and understand that the safe and proper use of the facilities, equipment or participation in the activity is dependent upon carefully following such policies and procedures.
5. PREREQUISITE SKILLS AND TRAINING: I acknowledge and agree that I have the requisite skills, qualifications, physical abilities, and training necessary for proper and safe use of the equipment and facilities and to participate in the activity itself. I acknowledge and agree that if I have any questions as to what skills, qualifications or training is necessary to properly use the equipment, facility, or to participate in the activity itself, then I shall direct such questions to the appropriate TSSC staff member. I further acknowledge and agree that any questions relating to my physical ability to properly use the equipment, facility, or to participate in the activity itself shall be determined by me in consultation with my physician, and I shall not rely on any statements or omissions from TSCC staff members in this regard.
6. INSPECTION OF FACILITIES: I acknowledge the following: TSSC attempts to ensure that all venues are safe and suitable for play. The majority of TSSC games are self-officiated and thus a league representative is often not present at games. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the captains and all participants to inspect the playing area prior to playing their game to ensure it is safe for play and to make their OWN decision regarding personal safety in terms of a scheduled venue, playing style and transportation to a TSSC league/event.
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY - WAIVER OF CLAIMS & INDEMNITY AGREEMENT: In consideration of the TSSC permitting me to participate in its activities and sports, permitting me to the use of its equipment and permitting me the use of its facilities, I hereby agree as follows:
1. To waive any and all claims that I have or may in the future have against the TSSC, and its directors, employees, agents and representatives;
2. T0 RELEASE the TSSC, and its directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my participation in activities and sports offered by the TSSC, due to any cause whatsoever including negligence, breach of contract, breach of statutory duty of care, and/or any breach arising under the Occupier's Liability Act, R S 0 1990, C.O 2, and as amended from time to time, on the part of the TSSC and its directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
3. To hold harmless and indemnify the TSSC, and its directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from any and all liability for any property damage, personal injury, or damages for economic loss suffered by any third party, resulting from my activities and my participation in the activities offered by or associated with the TSSC.
4. That this Agreement shall be effecting and binding upon any heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns in the event of my death.
8. SPORTSMANSHIP AND FAIR PLAY AGREEMENT:
1. I have read, understood and will abide by the rules of my sport as outlined by TSSC.
2. I understand that I am responsible to call my own fouls. I will not wait for my opponent or the Event Coordinator (if present) to make that decision.
3. I understand that if it is reported by the Event Coordinator or an opponent that I have behaved in an unsporting manner or have not played by the rules, that I could be suspended or ejected from the league, with no refund.
4. I understand that my team captain is the only person who can approach the Event Coordinator or the opposing captain regarding concerns surrounding the game. It is my responsibility to let my captain know my concerns so she/he can deal with them
I have read and understood this Agreement prior to signing it. I am aware that by clicking the “approve waiver and sign-in button” below, I am waiving certain legal rights which I or any heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against the TSSC and its directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
Message Board/Wall Rules, Policies and Disclaimers
Considering the real-time nature of this message board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this forum or any entity associated with this forum.
Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you.
Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
Individuals who are clearly using false names and email addresses will be removed from the forum membership. Groups or individuals who take or use personal information for any other purpose than communicating about TSSC league activity will be ejected without appeal or refund and prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law.
Please note that any TSSC Member who violates the above policy will be removed from the forum immediately and may face expulsion from league play without refund. Do not use a password that you would be afraid to reveal to anyone.
1) General Policy:
- All leagues are played first and foremost for fun
- Get to know our General Policies
- SSC Venues: Sport and Social Club attempts to ensure that all venues are safe and suitable for play. The majority of games are self-officiated and thus a league representative is often not present at games. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the captains and all participants to inspect the playing area prior to playing their game to ensure it is safe for play and to make their OWN decision regarding personal safety in terms of a scheduled venue, playing style and transportation to a Sport and Social Club league/event. If captains/participants/teams decide a venue is unsafe for play and thus not to play at the scheduled venue at the scheduled time for personal safety reasons, please contact the SSC office to discuss alternate arrangements and/or rescheduling of the game in question.
- Foul Weather Policy: Sport and Social Club has a detailed policy with what happens during foul weather for both indoor and outdoor leagues. Please read it by clicking here so that you are clear on what occurs during inclement weather situations.
2) Sport Specific Rules:
- Read your sports rules and bring a copy to your games: It is your job to know them.
3) Communication, Email and Website:
- Please safe list (if possible) firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Chalkboard, our E-Newsletter, is sent bi-weekly. You may unsubscribe from this, but you will still receive information regarding any schedule changes via email.
- Bookmark your profile page at our website! From here you can access rules, policy, schedules, rosters, standings, and report scores, communicate with you teammates, and use our web forum.
- Check the website on the day of your game to ensure that you have the most up-to-date information!
4) Spirit Points:
- After each game, your team will rank your opposition on their “spirit level” on a scale from 0 to 5 (0 being the lowest, 5 being the highest).
- Spirit points count toward 25% of you team’s overall standings.
- Spirit points are not effective unless you provide accurate scores to us. We cannot deal with disciplinary issues unless they are reported to us.
- Spirit points are not used in any programs that are officiated (men's basketball, men's ice hockey, and women's ice hockey).
- If you wish to submit a formal complaint against your opponents (whether it be the full team or specific players), you must fill out an incident report form when you submit your score online. Teams/players will not be contacted regarding their behaviour unless we receive a formal complaint. To become familiar with our discipline policies click here.
- We monitor teams that consistently RECEIVE low Spirit Points in order to take corrective action on repeat offenders. We also monitor teams that consistently GIVE low spirit scores to ensure that teams are not abusing the system.
- Spirit points are designed to be subjective - however 90% of teams receive an average spirit score of 4.0 or better. Low spirit teams are asked to leave the leagues. This system works! Please check out the Suggested Guideline for Spirit Points.
- Sanctioned members are only those people who have profiles with the Sport and Social Club website.
- Creating a user profile involves completing our release form.
- Team captains and individual registrants will already have approved the waiver by registering using their user profiles.
- Team members and substitutes must be sent an invitation from the Team Builder page by the team captain to join a team and complete the acceptance process.
- Team captains should note that if someone is listed on their team roster then they have completed a waiver.
- Teams that fail to comply with this policy may be ejected from the league without refund.
6) Venues: One of our largest challenges is finding and maintaining new sports venues for you. As such, we demand that you show the utmost respect for the places you play.
- Please do not urinate in inappropriate spaces (mainly outdoor venues). As odd as this may seem, this kind of behaviour nearly lost members a key location in the past. The team or teams responsible for the loss of a permit or facility will be removed from the league without refund. The league may be cancelled if alternate facilities are not available.
- Drinking of alcoholic beverages at facilities/venues by players or spectators (indoor or outdoor) is strictly forbidden. Offenders will be asked to leave the league without refund: no exceptions! Any team involved with any incident that results in the loss of a permit, facility, location or field will be expelled from the league without refund. The league may be cancelled if alternate facilities are not available.
- Please pick up your trash, water bottles, clothing and other belongings prior to leaving any venue. Make sure to return any benches or equipment to their original positions.
- Please leave all school gymnasiums IMMEDIATELY after your game, especially if you are in the last time slot. If you leave late, we will lose the permit. The team or teams responsible for the loss of a permit or facility will be removed from the league without refund. The league may be cancelled if alternate facilities are not available.
- Please wear non-marking soled footwear for gym leagues.
- Please remove outdoor footwear prior to entering the gym at any given venue. Leave wet footwear outside the gym or in a plastic bag to prevent water from ruining the playing surface. Occurrences of this may result in the loss of a permit or facility. This is especially crucial during periods of wet and snowy weather. The team or teams responsible for the loss of a permit or facility will be removed from the league without refund. The league may be cancelled if alternate facilities are not available.
- Please do not become confrontational with custodians, school staff or officials or other user groups or people from the general public in the event of permit conflicts. Contact us if you encounter a permit conflict at a venue.
7) Medical Issues:
- All team captains are advised to carry a list of emergency contact numbers for players on their team. In the event of an injury/emergency, these numbers can be utilized to notify the player's family in cases where medical treatment/attention is required.
- Captains are also advised to include a list of hospitals with emergency room service on this page. It will take the guesswork out of situations that are stressful and time sensitive. Click here to find a list of local hospitals.
- First aid is the responsibility of the team captain. Ice packs, band aids, tensors and athletic tape are all things which can be used in the event of minor scrapes and bruises. If a club representative is on hand when there is an injury, we will be happy to assist in any way we can. We are not, however, responsible for providing tape for bad ankles, fingers etc. There may be a first-aid kit on-site at some venues, but please be prepared for all situations.
- Injuries that occur at games which require medical attention must be reported. This can be completed at the Team Profile page.
8) Reporting Scores:
- Opposing team captains must agree upon the result and score of the game before leaving the venue.
- SSC will not resolve score discrepancies: it is up to you to know the result of your games.
- Team captains are responsible for reporting scores and spirit points no later than 2:00 p.m. two (2) business days after each match. Score reporting is completed online by captains or co-captains in their user profiles. The online reporting tool will include game scores, spirit scores, incident reporting and will display box scores for each game once both captains have completed the process. Any and all discrepancies with the posted results must be cleared up within 3 business days of the posting date.
- Please report any technical problems with score reporting to email@example.com.
9) SCHEDULE CHANGES:
- They happen and can occur with short notice.
- They are usually beyond our control.
- SSC is in weekly phone and face-to-face contact with its facility providers; however, problems with venues will occur from time to time. With indoor leagues that occur at public school facilities, it is often a communication gap between the school staff and the permit office that results in double bookings etc. Please understand that SSC never knowingly sends its members into a double booked facility.
- Your original schedule may change with regard to game time and venue.
- In the event of a last minute schedule change, all team captains and "individual" registrants will be emailed and/or called. Captains of teams whose games have been altered within 48 hours of revision date will be contacted by email and phone. Changes made outside of 48 hours will be updated on the website. All changes will always be reflected on the website. Please ensure that you check the web on the day of your game to ensure that you have the most up-to-date information. Please note: refunds are not provided due to last minute schedule changes or cancellations.
- No refunds due to defaulted, cancelled, rescheduled games or injuries. Read about our refund policy here.
11) Customer Service:
- We are always happy to hear from you. Please call or email with your concerns, questions or problems. Remember, we can only help you if you bring your concerns to our attention. We strive to make our members happy. It is easier for us to accomplish this when we find out about problems or concerns when they arise. There is little we can do if you raise them at the end of the season.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: 416-781-GAME (4263)
- After hours HELP Line: If you are having problems at a facility (locked door, missing equipment, unreasonable caretakers) for TCSSC you can call 416-768-HELP (4357).
12) Corporate Partners & Deals For You: After completing this WAIVER FORM, you are a fully sanctioned member. As such, you are automatically entitled to all member benefits.
badminton | basketball | bowling | curling | dodgeball | fitness | floor hockey | football | ice hockey
inner tube water polo | soccer | softball | tennis | squash | ultimate | volleyball | tournaments
toronto | york | mississauga | hamilton | sudbury